Users of the Baby Paws site are entitled to expect that any information gathered as a result of such use will be handled responsibly and in a manner which incorporates the objectives of the Australian Commonwealth Government's "National Privacy Principles".
When you look at the pages on our site, our ISP's (Internet Service Provider's) computers automatically record information that identifies items such as:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which accessed it;
- your top-level domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded.
Cookies are not used from the Baby Paws site to collect information without your permission. If you are an existing or prospective customer of Baby Paws, and you register for internet ordering, we collect personal information such as name, title, company, address, email address, etc.
The information collected is used for the purpose of communicating with you, for the purpose for which it was collected, and to identify patterns of usage of the site that will assist us in improving the site and the services offered on it.
Baby Paws will only use or disclose information for the purpose for which it was collected unless the person has otherwise consented, or that such disclosure is reasonably expected, or the use is for direct marketing only by Baby Paws, or in circumstances related to public interest such as law enforcement.
Baby Paws seeks to take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held for archival purposes. See our “Security Policy” for more detail.
Baby Paws takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or circumstances that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.
On written request, Baby Paws will give an individual access to personal information it holds about the individual in accordance with the relevant Privacy Act legislation.
Baby Paws will not adopt, use or disclose any identifying code that has been assigned by a Commonwealth government agency. Code numbers used within our system may refer to codes used by Baby Paws, or be developed to satisfy requirements of our internal procedures.
Baby Paws does not require a user's personal details to enable them to view this site, however information as listed above will be recorded. For an individual to register for internet ordering it is a requirement that we record personal information such as name, contact details etc. as a matter of security.
The information gathered is not disclosed to any third party with the exception of a third party providing an internet purchasing service to Baby Paws. Where possible, we will endeavour to ensure that the information continues to receive appropriate protection.The information gathered is not disclosed to any third party with the exception of a third party providing an internet purchasing service to Baby Paws. Where possible, we will endeavour to ensure that the information continues to receive appropriate protection.The information gathered is not disclosed to any third party with the exception of a third party providing an internet purchasing service to Baby Paws. Where possible, we will endeavour to ensure that the information continues to receive appropriate protection.
The information collection required by Baby Paws for the purposes of the internet site is not considered to be of a sensitive nature. Users may enter optional information if they wish, but are under no obligation to do so.
At Baby Paws we have always recognised the importance of data security.
We ensure that we are PCI DSS compliant, and that we comply with Australian Privacy Laws and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from the European Union.
The GDPR provisions cite consent and transparency as the cornerstone for securing the personal data of EU citizens. The goal behind GDPR is to make sure that organizations are complying with the prerequisites for protecting their customers’ data. This addendum addresses what Baby Paws is doing with respect to the GDPR.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Definitions
- "Data Processor", "Data Subject", "Processor", "Processing", "Sub processor", and "Supervisory Authority" to be interpreted as per applicable Data Protection Legislation.
- "Data Protection Legislation" refers to General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC, and any legislation and/or regulation implementing them.
- "Personal Data" means information relating to an identifiable Data Subject who visits or engages in transactions through our Baby Paws webstore (a "Customer"), which Baby Paws or its providers process as Data Processors in the course of providing you with the Services.
- 3. Personal Data Policy
- Personal Data related to Data Subjects, regardless of location, is processed by Baby Paws or its providers in Australia.
- In order to provide its Services, Baby Paws will Process Personal Data. When Processing Personal Data, Baby Paws and its providers, will:
- do so only for the purpose of providing our Services in accordance with our Terms and Conditions or upon request by you;
- if allowed by law, notify you when we receive an inquiry or complaint from a Data Subject or Supervisory Authority regarding the Personal Data;
- implement measures to protect Personal Data from unauthorised or unlawful processing;
- provide you, upon request, with reports or extracts, to enable you to assess compliance with the GDPR;
- notify you promptly upon becoming aware of and confirming any accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful processing of, disclosure of, or access to the Personal Data;
- insist that Baby Paws employees with access to Personal Data have confidentiality obligations restricting their ability to share or disclose Customer Personal Data;
- On closure of your account, Baby Paws will purge and/or anonymise Personal Data relevant to your account within 60 days.
- By utilizing our services, you agree that Baby Paws may use Sub processors to Process Personal Data.